Is hair loss Shampoo effective for hair loss?

Hair loss is one of the major problems among men. According to the American Hair loss Association, by the age of 25 about two thirds of men start to feel hair loss and by the age of 50, about 85% of men demonstrates significant thinning of hair. Heredity, current Medical Condition and Sedentary lifestyle like Smoking, Poor Nutrition, Stress and Improper diet are among the main contributors to hair loss. But like other medical conditions, hair loss can be treated and moreover be managed.

Aside from invasive hair loss treatment and medications, hair loss shampoo is one of the best and most available solution for hair loss. Study shows that about 70% of people suffering from hair loss prefer hair loss shampoo than any other invasive procedures because its cheaper, less invasive and have no adverse effects. But along with its widespread availability in the market, its potency is the main concern of the users.

Several studies about the potency of hair loss shampoo was conducted and one of which is from NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information). Men ages 24-70 demonstrated a significant hair growth and a healthier scalp after the treatment period of 9 months using a hair loss shampoo. does it mean that you have to wait for 9 months in order to see the improvement in your hair? Absolutely not. Your hair’s average life span 3 t o7 years and it is divided into 3 phases, the growth phase, which takes about 2 to 7 years, transitory phase, which takes about 2 to 4 weeks and the resting phase which takes about 2 to 4 months respectively. According to hairbotique, 90% of the hairs on your scalp are growing while the remaining 10% are resting. Thus, hair loss shampoo works during the growth phase of your hair and you need not to wait for 9 months to see its effect. (Better check the instructions at the back to see when you should expect the results).

On the other hand, According Dr. R. Stephen Mulholland M.D a Certified Plastic Surgeon in Yorkville, Toronto, Hair loss shampoo like nioxin as an anti-fungal agent does not in fact help hair growth but only enhances hair density. In addition, Mike Handler, co-founder of HarVokseClinic.com, cited that hair loss shampoo only contributes in the prevention of hair loss, but not totally preventing it. hair loss solution must address the the problem not only outside but also inside. In other words, you also need to make a move and stop depending on the hair loss shampoo alone. According to Fit Day and WebMD, Leafy green foods (which is rich in Vitamin B and Biotin), Salmon (rich in Protein and Vitamin D) and Nuts (rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, biotin and Vitamin E) will help you grow a healthier and shinier hair.

Hair loss shampoo is indeed effective and its effectiveness may vary depending on the hair condition of the user. But using of shampoo alone without making any efforts to yourself may not be as effective as it might be. So stop depending on the shampoo and start eating leafy green foods, salmon and nuts and enjoy a healthier and shinier hair.

%d bloggers like this: